Sunday, May 3, 2009

Benson Daniel Cutts joined the world March 27th, 2007

Benson Daniel Cutts joined our family on March 27th, 2007. He came a month early due to PIH. The pregnancy went well until the end. I had to be induced and right before he came out it got a little scary. His heart rate kept dropping when I pushed but we were in excellent hands and we both got through it. He weighed 4 lbs 11 oz. He was so tiny. They took him straight to the NICU and cleaned out his lungs and he was suppose to stay there but he ended up doing just fine so they watched there for awhile and then they brought him to me. That was the most surreal miment of my entire life. He was ours, our child. I was so scared out of mind and I had no idea how to take care of this little baby. I can't believe how far we have come. Anyway, he was in the 3rd percentile in both height and weight. He has bumped up to the 5th percentile and has stayed there. He is has been super healthy other than 2 surgeries. He had a right inguinal hernia repair when he was 3 months old and a left inguinal hernia right before he turned one. He did well with both of them. He is the love of our lives! We are so lucky and glad to have him.



This picture really shows how teeny he was.

He wore preemie clothes and they still were super huge on him!





1 comment:

Nana and Boppa Cleverley said...

That is more like it! It wasn't complete without the STAR of the Show. But what about his sidekick? Lulu needs some attention! Isn't Benson the absolutely cutest baby ever?! That's my grandson!