Thursday, May 14, 2009

Crazy First Year

Since we just started this blog there is alot I would have put on our blog had we had one. So here are a few of my favorite photos of our first year together with Ben. I was quite an adventure being a new mom and trying to figure things out. Ben was a natural born comedian. I swear I have never laughed so much in my whole life as I have since he was born. He is quite a fighter. He had 2 surgeries his first year. One at three months and one a month before he turned one. He has opened up my eyes and made me see the world in a new way and made me appreciate things I never thought twice about before. Like these squirrels that live in our back yard. he loves to stand on the back of our couch and watch them run around and chase each other. He gets so excited to see them. He calls them "mouse" because squirrel is a little hard to say. He has been very independant from day one (he gets that from his dad). He crawled at six months and walked at nine (hit the ground running and never, ever stops). He is stubborn and never gives up. He is kind- of obsessive compulsive (he gets that from me) and knows exactly what he wants and if you don't get it for him he will get it himself. But in between all the running around and crazyiness he has these brief moments that he is so sweet and kind. I soak them up because they are few and far in between but thats makes me appreciate them more. He is a momma's boy but there is a special relationship he has with Logan. I think he is a perfect mixture of both of us! He is such a handsome boy and we had an amazing first year. Sorry, there are a lot of photos! There are to many cute ones to choose from!


This was his first halloween and no costumes fit him very well except this one!
He always looked funny in the car seat because he was so small. At the hospital he had to sit in the car seat and they checked his breathing and stuff while he sat in it to make sure he would be ok in it because he was under weight for him to be in it.
He has loved baths and water since the beginning!

He wore preemie cloths until he was 3 months old and has always been a size behind. Even now.

His first Christmas.


He didn't like the snow very much.


He love hats!

He has the cutest baby feet in the whole world!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

What a cute kid! Sounds like he is keeping you busy. :)